Sunday, May 13, 2012

You may now all call me Master Michelle....what do you mean that's not the way it works?

I am officially a graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University for the second time.  I really wish I had been the same student I was for my undergraduate degree as I was for my graduate degree.  I still don't have grades for my final semester, but I'm not really worried about it because I know that I got at least the minimum grade required (probably much higher) and I just will not let myself stress about it.

The graduation ceremony was yesterday (5/12/12) morning and the coliseum was a mad house.  It was the largest graduating class in the history of SFA and there was clearly not enough room.  I hope that they consider splitting the graduation in half next year because I imagine the ceremonies will continue to grow.  With the parents paying so much for their kids' college educations they should at least be able to sit down at the graduation.

My mom took a few photos of me after the ceremony.  These are a few of my favorites.



I'm glad that I went back even though it was a huge financial struggle.  I am now one step closer to becoming a college band director, but the next step will have to wait a while.

The boys are doing great with the potty training.  They wear underwear 75% of the time and usually only have accidents with #2.  We hardly ever have wet underwear.  They are getting better at telling us they need to go instead of us just making them go.  They are just doing great.  They also did pretty fantastic at the graduation ceremony yesterday.  No big meltdowns, and that is saying a lot since it was 3 hours long and went clear into lunch and nap times.  We had them evaluated for headstart because ECI referred us, but they didn't even come close to qualifying.  While it would have been nice to drop that daycare bill, I sure am thankful for their accomplishments.  They have come such a long way and I know they will keep progressing!

Josh and I are doing something at Henderson Civic Theatre together for the first time since 2007.  Josh did a show last year, but we haven't done something together in years.  Josh is directing The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and I am performing the role of Olive Ostrovsky.  I am really excited to get on stage again.  I have really missed the thrill of performing.  I think it will be great. 

This is the Tony performance:
Every night we will have guest spellers that will keep the show fresh, so hopefully that will keep audiences coming back for more.  I think the cast will also be really fun so I am really looking forward to starting.  Performances are July 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22.  If you are close you should come!!  I am sure I will have many more updates on the show as Josh has a tone of great marketing ideas.

Also, my blog was nominated as a top blog for moms of multiples.  Voters choose the top 25 and you can vote every day.  If you have a second click the circle of moms link at the top right and vote.  I would very much appreciate you support!  Thanks!!

Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment