Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to School

So, I went back to school last Wednesday.  It is my final semester, and so far it is smooth sailing.  I am only taking 7 hours of which only 2 hours are a "real" class.  The other hours are my conducting lesson, my voice lesson, and wind ensemble.  I am also teaching two classes, woodwind methods 2 and university band.  I'm exciting about being in front of a band again, but pretty nervous because we only meet once a week.  It should be fun though!

I am joining weight watchers tonight.  I have been counting calories for the last week just to make myself aware of how much I was eating.  I think I subconsciously started eating less, which really wasn't the point of the exercise, but I still managed to lose a little weight regardless.  I also started Couch to 5K which made me realize just how out of shape I really am.  However, I did manage to do all the running, which is good since I am by no means a runner.  But I hope to be...thus the reason I started this program.  I also learned that seven times around the rec center seems like a lot but is only 1 mile.  So I managed to run/walk a little over a mile...more than I have ever done before.  I am going to do arms on tuesdays and legs on thursdays for now.  I am also going to try and catch the abs for lunch class on monday and wednesday...we'll see if that pans out though.

I am so excited about how well the boys are doing with potty training.  They seem to understand what the potty is for, but I am not sure that they have connected the urge with the action yet.  Hopefully that comes pretty soon.  We have been working on it for almost a month.  I am mostly just hoping to be fully trained by summer.  I'm thinking that they may get it before then though. 

Hopefully I will be able to blog again friday (I forgot last friday...but I'm catching up today!!).  Looking forward to a great semester and graduation in May!!  Go Jacks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment