Friday, February 3, 2012

going out of town is no good when you are counting points

I joined weight watchers Monday before last!  I am trying to be very dedicated to it, but we went on wind ensemble tour just days later.  While I was able to weigh in the day before we went on tour and found that I lost 3.4 lbs, I'm nearly certain my loss this week will not be even close to that (if I lose anything at all...).  I tried very hard to count as much as I could, but it was very difficult when I didn't know how to find the values of things.  For instance, when we went to the Ethiopian restaurant...I had no idea!!  (However, the food was EXCELLENT!  If you are even in Pflugerville, TX you should search for and eat at The Taste of Ethiopia.  Seriously, some of the best food I have ever eaten and best tea and coffee I have ever had to drink.  Also, the lady who owns the restaurant is a doll and I seriously wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home.  This is their website!  Check them out!!)
I have been working out pretty steadily and was able to run a full lap without stopping.  While this doesn't seem like much, it is a large victory for me, because two weeks ago I could not have done it.  I have also been doing some weight training and I can feel myself getting stronger.  Also, my clothes are definitely feeling looser and or fitting better.  I'm proud, but next week brings TMEA...a week of indulgences...I hope I make it out alive.  (Well, a little lighter anyway!)
Aaden and Noah have been doing great with the potty training.  They have woken up dry almost everyday for a week and used the restroom first thing in the morning.  We really thought Aaden was going to outshine Noah on this one, but once Noah got the hang of it he has been great.  He actually tells us when he has to go which I can't say for Aaden.  They have both filled up a potty chart (Aaden two) and hopefully we will be able to try underwear soon!
School is fine.  So far it is my easiest semester.  I ordered my mentor ring today.  I am really excited to get it!!  I only wish there was a way to signify my bachelors and masters degrees on the ring.  But, alas, it's a standard ring and if I want the mentor program I have to do what they want.  Can't wait to get it!
Until next week!

"First" haircuts at DisneyWorld!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I can't wait to start feeling different in my clothes...

    ReplyDelete