Saturday, February 11, 2012

TMEA

I have been at the Texas Music Educators convention since this past Wednesday. And I thought tour was bad for eating.  This has been a nightmare.  And to make things worse, I forgot all my tracking stuff.  So I have mostly just done my best to make good choices, although a couple times temptation absolutely overcame me.  I am down 4.8 lbs total in two weeks.  Monday evening I will see what the damage from TMEA is. 

I have read three books so far for my resolution to read 50.  I read the Hunger Games Trilogy, which I was very much against reading.  The first book ended up being pretty cheap on my nook so I bought it, and as much as I wanted to hate it, I ended up loving it.  I flew through the first two pretty quickly, but the third was tough to get through.  I found myself hating the main character, Katniss, because she was whiny and generally just dumb.  But I really got attached to Peeta's character and became more interested in his fate than hers.  Overall, it's a pretty good series and I would recommend it to anyone.  As a matter of fact, Josh is reading it as we speak.  He started last night before bed, and when I woke up this morning he was reading it again.  He's not much of a fiction fan, so if he is enjoying it, it must be okay.

My running is getting easier.  I was able to run .6 miles at intervals.  I kinda gave up on the couch to 5k thing because it is too difficult to do on the treadmill and I am using my own method counting distance instead of time.  Slowly I will take the walking out by increasing my running distance and decreasing my walking distance.  I can't wait to get back to school and the rec center though where I have more control over my environment.

Next Friday Josh and I and two of our friends are going to Painting with a Twist for my birthday.  I'm really excited to do something fun like this for my birthday since usually it falls in the middle of TMEA and I don't really get to do anything fun.  I'll be sure to post pictures of our finished products in next weeks edition.  I love this place!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment